Thursday, February 26, 2009

RANTS: Time Warner DNS Woes

I was talking with someone last week about how he was having problems with internet connectivity. His TW cable modem was working, the router was working and the computers all were working fine. Only thing was that the browsers were not serving up web pages. He was telling me how he figured out that TWs DNS servers were not working properly. I told him that I wasn't experiencing any of the those problems.

I spoke too soon. Starting yesterday, I had the exact same symptoms. The fix is to change your router's (or computer's) DNS servers. Open DNS seems to be the easiest solution. Here are the instructions:

https://www.opendns.com/start

A quick search shows that Time Warner has had this problem for some time now and many people are plagued by it. When will they realize it and deal with it?

No comments: